John Mayer Keeps Quiet After Throat Surgery
John Mayer is keeping quiet for the next few months.
The singer, who’s been suffering from damaged vocal chords, had another surgery to help get him back out there performing. Unfortunately with this latest procedure, he’ll have to spend some time in recovery.
In a letter on his Tumblr page, Mayer writes that the healing process will take nearly six months, which means fans will have to wait a little longer to hear Mayer perform songs from his latest album, Born and Raised, live.
The surgery also requires him to refrain from speaking, which means he’ll be doing all his communicating via notebooks and iPads.
“So if you see me out and about and I don’t answer when you say hello,” Mayer writes. “I’m not ignoring you.”
Mayer pokes fun at his vow of silence writing that he’s gotten really good at keeping things to himself throughout this whole ordeal. “And I don’t exactly see anybody starving for my take on things,” he wrote.
During his recovery, Mayer plans to keep fans updated about his life through his Tumblr.
“It might be fun to offer some kind of window into the strange and beautiful time,” Mayer said.
The singer assures fans though that this surgery is most likely the final step before he will be back out on the road.
While Mayer recovers, watch the video for his latest single, “Queen of California,” off of Born and Raised.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Texas High School Students Use Drake Slogans to Decorate Parking Lot
- Justin Bieber Teases ‘What Do You Mean?’ Video
- Watch a Woman Dance to Future after Wild Police Chase
- Social Media ‘Expert’ Thinks Most Instagram Users Are #IDIOTS
- When Will Adele Finally Release New Music?
- MTV Unveils Full VMA Performers List including Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, The Weeknd & More