Christmas won’t be here for another 109 days, but Christina Perri is already getting in the spirit with her new EP.
On October 16 the singer is releasing A Very Merry Perri Christmas, a 6-song EP that will be sure to spread holiday cheer.
Christina, who is currently finishing up her tour with Jason Mraz, is trying her hand at Christmas classics like The Carpenters’ “Merry Christmas Darling” and Charles Brown’s lovelorn “Please Come Home For Christmas.”
She also puts a new spin on the John Lennon and Yoko Ono favorite “Happy Xmas (War is Over)” with a little help from musical friends like Michelle Branch and Martin Johnson from Boys Like Girls.
Along with the usual favorites like “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” and “Ave Marie,” Christina also recorded a new carol called “Something About December,” which she wrote with a little help from her brother. She says the song is about finding Christmas “wherever you are in the world, because it lives in your heart.”
Eager fans who can’t wait for the holiday season to begin can get their hands on an exclusive bundle of the EP available through her website starting September 25.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Rihanna’s ‘Love On The Brain’
- Ariana Grande & Mac Miller Show Off New Tattoos
- Kanye West Talks Saint Pablo Tour Production Design
- Drake Announces New Short Film ‘Please Forgive Me’
- Kevin Bacon Raids Britney Spears’ Wardrobe for Apple Music
- Usher Announces New Album ‘Hard II Love’ Shares New Song ‘Missin U’