The two met earlier this year while working on Avril’s upcoming album and kept their relationship hush hush. Though many were shocked by the news that the two were a couple, Chad doesn’t really care what you think about their impending nuptials.
“I try not to take too much interest in the world’s opinion of our relationship,” he told People. “I just know the both of us are very happy.”
Back in March, CBS Local talked to Avril about her upcoming album and she managed to stay mum about her feelings for Chad. Only telling us he was a “very talented musician.” In this latest interview though, Chad lets us in on their courtship saying the two didn’t actually start dating until July 1, a very special day for the two Canadians in more ways than one.
“We think it’s very cool that our anniversary will always be on Canada Day,” he said. “We can’t wait to start our life together.”
Chad and his bandmates head to Europe this month for a short tour with Daughtry. The rocker says Avril plans to join him.
No release date has been announced for Avril’s upcoming album, her first since 2011’s Goodbye Lullaby.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Cover Ed Sheeran
- FM Magazine: Point Foundation – The National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund
- Kids Don’t Understand Nirvana’s ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ Lyrics
- Adele May Never Tour Again
- Maxwell Announces U.S. Tour Dates, Shares ‘Gods’ Video
- Jason Mraz Announces Summer Tour Dates