Singer/songwriter and former Roxy model Tristan Prettyman is getting set to release her third studio album, titled Cedar+Gold. Tristan recently stopped by the Fresh 102.7 studios to chat with Dylan about her latest effort and got some interesting insight behind the lyrics to some of the new songs.
Watch below as Tristan discusses the story behind her single “My Oh My” and performs the song acoustic in studio for some lucky fans at Fresh 102.7 in New York City.
- Watch: Tristan Talks Breakups, Hookups, & ‘Cedar+Gold’ w/ Dylan
- Photos: Tristan Prettyman In Studio @ Fresh
“You got my heart on a string / You want me back again and you know I’ll do anything / Just when I thought I was free / Knock, knock, the door is locked / But you still got a key”
“‘My Oh My’ is a song that I wrote about just the sort of cat and mouse game you play with someone and how you kind of keep going back to them even though you know it’s never going to probably end the way you want it to,” Tristan explains.
“I’m always fascinated [by] what attracts us to certain people and why it’s this person and not that person and how you can meet someone and you don’t think anything of it,” she continues.
“And then you can have a moment with someone… I wonder where that comes from, if it’s past lives or… I don’t know. I love writing about that and exploring that.”
Tristan Prettyman’s Cedar+Gold will be on shelves and available online on October 2nd, 2012.
Keep Up With All Things Tristan:
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Train Debut New Single ‘Play This Song’
- Common Compares Colin Kaepernick to Muhammad Ali
- George Michael’s ‘Freedom ’90’ Video Gets a Fashion Facelift
- Backstreet Boys Announce Las Vegas Residency
- Miley Cyrus on ‘The Voice’: Not for Sob Stories, but to Find Great Talent
- The Weeknd Murders His Former Self in ‘Starboy’ Music Video