The Killers Tap Legendary Director Werner Herzog For Webcast (And Don’t Mind Having Mitt Romney As A Fan)
September 18 is shaping up to be a big day in the world of Las Vegas drama kings, the Killers. The date will mark the release of the band’s fourth studio album, Battle Born, featuring the epic first single, “Runaways.” Now we learn that Brandon Flowers and the gang will celebrate the occasion with a live concert webcast from the Paradise Theater in New York, which will be directed by legendary German film director Werner Herzog. Fans can watch the show on the band’s YouTube channel that night starting at 4PM PT / 7PM ET.
According to a Rolling Stone report, the Killers picked Herzog for his “unique ideas,” and have already met with the pioneering director about the collaboration, which is the latest installment in the American Express Unstaged series (previous Unstaged shows have paired Jack White with Gary Oldman and Duran Duran with David Lynch). Among those ideas for the Killers’ webcast include soliciting fans from around the world to submit self-portraits with signs stating their location. Some of the pictures will be used as part of the show.
As the band prepares for the big day, they’ve found themselves caught up in something of a political whirlwind of late, thanks to Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney recently letting it be known that he’s a fan of the Killers’ rock anthems.
“Anyone’s allowed to like us,” the band’s bass player Mark Stoermer diplomatically stated to Rolling Stone. “If it’s just about music, I guess it’s not a negative thing.
“He’s, I guess, a guy and he listens to music and happens to like us,” Stoermer added. “That’s fine.”
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Check Out Rihanna’s Sensual New Rogue Man Fragrance Ads
- Katy Perry Isn’t Part of the Illuminati — But She’d Like to Be
- Sam Smith’s Video for ‘I’m Not The Only One’ Gives Us a Very Sad Dianna Agron
- Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Could Be Yours For $50 Million
- Radiohead: Jonny Greenwood Announces Live Debut of ‘Water,’ Phil Selway Releases ‘Coming Up for Air’ Video
- Ne-Yo Sues Ex-Manager Who Allegedly Cheated Him Out of Over $4 Million