Duran Duran is ending their North American tour earlier than expected due to illness.
The band announced yesterday (August 28) that in addition to the four dates they cancelled last week, they’d have to forego the remaining three dates of their tour due to a reported viral infection that keyboardist Nick Rhodes is battling.
“Rhodes, who has been unwell now for over a week, was advised by doctors today that he is not yet ready to perform, as he is still experiencing the same symptoms that have kept him from the stage for the last few nights,” the band wrote on their website.
Though the announcement comes as a disappointment to fans, the band expressed their own sadness in having to cancel the last leg of their two-year world tour, but explained it was doctor’s orders.
“Nick held out all week, hoping that he would be well enough to perform again for these final few shows,” they wrote. “But unfortunately the medical advice he has been given today requires him to continue to rest.”
The band also let fans know that they would not be able to reschedule the cancelled dates at this point and time, but all ticket holders can apply for a refund through the point of purchase.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 11 Love Songs For People Who Are Bad at Relationships
- Kanye West Debuts Merch Inspired by Mother Donda
- Calvin Harris Breaks Silence Following Serious Car Crash
- The New Fifth Harmony Album ‘7/27’ has Arrived
- Nick Jonas Shares Documentary Trailer
- Justin Bieber Sued Over ‘Sorry’ Similarity