Duran Duran is ending their North American tour earlier than expected due to illness.
The band announced yesterday (August 28) that in addition to the four dates they cancelled last week, they’d have to forego the remaining three dates of their tour due to a reported viral infection that keyboardist Nick Rhodes is battling.
“Rhodes, who has been unwell now for over a week, was advised by doctors today that he is not yet ready to perform, as he is still experiencing the same symptoms that have kept him from the stage for the last few nights,” the band wrote on their website.
Though the announcement comes as a disappointment to fans, the band expressed their own sadness in having to cancel the last leg of their two-year world tour, but explained it was doctor’s orders.
“Nick held out all week, hoping that he would be well enough to perform again for these final few shows,” they wrote. “But unfortunately the medical advice he has been given today requires him to continue to rest.”
The band also let fans know that they would not be able to reschedule the cancelled dates at this point and time, but all ticket holders can apply for a refund through the point of purchase.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Veep’ Stars Lip Sync Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ for Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Linkin Park Will Live Stream Chester Bennington Tribute Concert
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’
- Ed Sheeran Says Substance Abuse Contributed to Hiatus from Music
- Mariah Carey Unveils New Christmas Song ‘The Star’
- Niall Horan Shares Acoustic Version of ‘Flicker’ Title Track