Christina Perri Hints At New Song For “Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part Two”
Perri ended her exclusive performance for 96.5 TIC/Hartford with “A Thousand Years,” the hit song she wrote for Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part One. Before jumping into the music, she recalled her experience with the film series and writing the single.
“I’m not even gonna pretend I was cool about it…I cried the whole time,” Perri said. “I watched the movie and I went straight home and wrote this song.”
But what she said next was the most exciting news for Twi-Hards everywhere. “I might have seen the last film (Breaking Down Part Two) too, and it’s pretty amazing,” she teased, before adding. “I might be involved in that. I’m not really allowed to say though… just a hint.”
Rumors have been swirling that prints of the final movie, which is locked, have been circulating to artists for viewing consideration.
With the bomb dropped that Christina may be back for another round of Twilight music, she played her last song, jokingly adding, “I’m sucking at secrets today!”
Director Bill Condon confirmed to MTV that the soundtrack is presently firm, but declined to reveal any details about which bands or artists you can expect to hear from or if the final soundtrack would be a collection of songs written especially for it. Passion Pit were the first band officially announced to be associated with the soundtrack, in July at Comic Con.
Christina Perri is currently continuing her tour with Jason Mraz all across the country. Breaking Dawn Part Two hits theaters November 16th.
-Bill Sencio, 96.5 TIC/ Hartford
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Calvin Harris Lands Spring Emporio Armani Campaign
- Madonna Denies Supposed Album Leak As Stolen ‘Unfinished Demos,’ ‘Form of Terrorism’
- Lorde, Skrillex, Rick Astley & Many More Attempt to Write the Greatest Song Ever: Watch
- Craig Wayne Boyd Wins Season 7 of ‘The Voice’
- Amy Adams Just Loves One Direction So Much: Watch
- Justin Timberlake & Jimmy Fallon Go Back To Camp For Nerdy Rendition of Third Eye Blind’s ‘Jumper': Watch