Christina Aguilera Says Her New Album Is A “Rebirth”
Since releasing her 2010 album, Bionic, a lot has changed in Christina Aguilera‘s life, all of which she plans to incorporate into her upcoming record.
“I’ve been through a lot since the release of my last album, being on The Voice, having had a divorce,” she said in an interview. “This is all sort of a free rebirth for me.”
The mom to 4-year-old Max divorced her husband in 2010, the same year she released Bionic, which was her only album that didn’t reach platinum status.
Though, the end of a marriage doesn’t sound like a good topic for pop music, Christina promises this album will have a little bit of everything.
“I’m embracing many different things, but it’s all feel-good,” she said, explaining that the album will be fun, but will also show off her vulnerable side.
“In the fashion that I always like to put forth, it’s very self-expressive and it’s all heartfelt,” she explained.
Max Martin, who worked on Maroon 5’s “Moves Like Jagger,” which featured Christina, produced the first single, “Your Body.” Fellow Voice mentor, Adam Levine gave the song his seal of approval, saying, ““I heard that song and I hate you because it’s so good.”
Though she has yet to announce a release date for the new album, Christina will perform her new song on the Sept 17 episode of The Voice.
The show’s third season starts September 10.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Prom, Performance & A Date: 8 Celebs Who Crashed a High School Party
- Taking Your Kid to a Pink Concert Is a Totally Fine Parenting Move, Judge Rules
- Nate Ruess Debuts New Song ‘AhHa': Listen
- Elle King: 5 Facts About The ‘Fresh First’ Artist and ‘Ex’s & Oh’s’ Singer
- How ‘Uptown Funk’ Was Written: Watch
- Amy Winehouse’s Family Slam ‘Amy’ Documentary as ‘Misleading’