The program, Oprah’s Next Chapter, will also feature Hudson’s sister Julia Hudson and fiancé David Otunga. It is expected that Hudson will discuss her acclaimed career from American Idol hopeful to a Grammy and Oscar winning superstar. But much of the anticipation will be surrounding the singer’s emotional insight into the murder conviction of William Balfour, who in October of 2008 brutally killed Hudson’s mother, brother, and Julia Hudson’s son.
In a preview clip of the interview, which takes place in the singers’ Chicago home, Hudson and her sister tell Oprah that they didn’t need a trial to know Balfour was guilty. “We all knew,” Hudson said.
Balfour was later convicted and given three life sentences in July of this year.
Oprah’s Next Chapter has been on a proverbial roll fueled by exclusive interviews with the likes of Olympic gymnast and gold medalist Gabby Douglas, hip-hop star 50 Cent and reality show favorites the Kardashians.
But it’s Oprah’s interview with Rihanna that has been her most successful Next Chapter thus far, giving OWN its second most largest ratings to date.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Veep’ Stars Lip Sync Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ for Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Linkin Park Will Live Stream Chester Bennington Tribute Concert
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’
- Ed Sheeran Says Substance Abuse Contributed to Hiatus from Music
- Mariah Carey Unveils New Christmas Song ‘The Star’
- Niall Horan Shares Acoustic Version of ‘Flicker’ Title Track