The program, Oprah’s Next Chapter, will also feature Hudson’s sister Julia Hudson and fiancé David Otunga. It is expected that Hudson will discuss her acclaimed career from American Idol hopeful to a Grammy and Oscar winning superstar. But much of the anticipation will be surrounding the singer’s emotional insight into the murder conviction of William Balfour, who in October of 2008 brutally killed Hudson’s mother, brother, and Julia Hudson’s son.
In a preview clip of the interview, which takes place in the singers’ Chicago home, Hudson and her sister tell Oprah that they didn’t need a trial to know Balfour was guilty. “We all knew,” Hudson said.
Balfour was later convicted and given three life sentences in July of this year.
Oprah’s Next Chapter has been on a proverbial roll fueled by exclusive interviews with the likes of Olympic gymnast and gold medalist Gabby Douglas, hip-hop star 50 Cent and reality show favorites the Kardashians.
But it’s Oprah’s interview with Rihanna that has been her most successful Next Chapter thus far, giving OWN its second most largest ratings to date.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Times Bruno Mars Won Throwback Thursday
- John Mayer Responds to Katy Perry’s Sex Ranking
- The GRAMMYs Set to Return to Staples Center in Los Angeles
- Watch Lady Gaga Become a Substitute Teacher
- Beyoncé & JAY-Z Eye Really Expensive Mansion: Report
- Pharrell Working on New Albums from Ariana Grande, Justin Timberlake