Madonna definitely got something off her chest at the last show on the European leg of her MDNA world tour.
During her August 21 show in Nice, France, the Material Girl finally responded to comments Elton John made earlier this month on an Australian TV show where he said her career was over and she was a “fairground stripper.”
Madonna chose to forgive, but she wasn’t above throwing some passive-aggressive sass his way.
“I’d like to dedicate this next song to a Mr. Elton John,” she told the crowd. “I know he’s a big fan of it, and I know he’s a big fan of mine.”
While reportedly wearing a mischievous smile, she finished by saying: “And you know what? I forgive him. Gotta start somewhere.”
So what song did she dedicate to Sir Elton? Well, “Masterpiece” from her movie, W.E., of course. This song beat out Elton’s “Hello Hello” from Gnomeo & Juliet for Best Original Song at this year’s Golden Globes.
After Madge’s win back in January, Elton’s partner, David Furnish dissed her on Facebook writing: “Madonna winning Best Original Song truly shows how these awards have nothing to do with merit. Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in its narcissism.”
Furnish later removed the post calling the controversy a “tempest in a teapot.”
Elton has yet to comment on Madonna’s apology. But it seems like this feud isn’t quite over yet.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site
- John Mayer On Those ‘Smoldering’ “Who You Love” Photos & Duet with Katy Perry