Alicia Keys Details ‘Girl on Fire,’ Releases Cover Art
There was a lot of wine involved in the making of Alicia Keys new album, Girl on Fire.
So the singer reveals in a new video that gives fans a behind the scenes look at the making of her album, which she says she approached in an old fashioned way letting those closest to her into the studio.
No, her friends don’t actually play on the album, but she did let them come and listen as she worked on new material. Afterwards, she would have them all out for dinner where they “ate, laughed, sat and drank some wine and talked about our kids.”
This new approach was a way to make everything different for her fifth album.
“I have arrived at a place in myself that I am comfortable being exactly who I am in this moment and sharing it with no reservations,” she says.
Previously, Alicia has said the album, due out November 27, is all about finding herself after becoming a mother. The singer gave birth to her son, Egypt, in 2010.
Alicia also took to Twitter to show off the cover art for her first release since becoming a mom for the first time.
Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys) August 23, 2012
What do you think about the singer’s powerful new attitude and look?
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Led Zeppelin Announces Reissues of ‘Untitled’ Fourth LP and ‘Houses of the Holy’
- Maroon 5 Finally Find More Than a Friend in ‘It Was Always You’
- Single Again: Eve 6 – ‘Inside Out’
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J Join Forces for Sassy New Song ‘Bang Bang’
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Q&A: La Roux Faces Sexism Amid Her Summery, ’70s Sci-Fi Album ‘Trouble In Paradise’