The Script and will.i.am Release Video for ‘Hall of Fame’
On The Script’s latest song, “Hall of Fame,” the band urges their fans to become champions. In the video they show how hard that can be.
Shot by Ethan Lader, the clip focuses on a struggling young boxer and a hearing disabled ballerina who are trying to be the best they can be. The band recently revealed the song was about “following your heart and following your dreams and everything else that follows.”
The Dublin lads get some help from will.i.am, who not only lends his voice to the song, but appears in the video for the first single off of their upcoming album, #3, out October 9.
When will sat down with 92.3 NOW in New York he said he heard the song while working with the band’s frontman, Danny O’Donoghue on The Voice in the UK.
“The first day I met him, we were walking abouts in the hallways and he’s blasting the song in his dressing room and I go in there and I’m like, ‘what song is this?’” he said.
Danny told him it was something he was working on, but it wasn’t finished yet. Will didn’t care though and immediately asked Danny whether he was going to use it for The Script or if he could take it for himself.
“The hook was just fresh,” he said. “And he asked if I wanted to collaborate. I love that song.”
Watch the video for “Hall of Fame” featuring will.i.am below.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Calvin Harris Lands Spring Emporio Armani Campaign
- Madonna Denies Supposed Album Leak As Stolen ‘Unfinished Demos,’ ‘Form of Terrorism’
- Lorde, Skrillex, Rick Astley & Many More Attempt to Write the Greatest Song Ever: Watch
- Craig Wayne Boyd Wins Season 7 of ‘The Voice’
- Amy Adams Just Loves One Direction So Much: Watch
- Justin Timberlake & Jimmy Fallon Go Back To Camp For Nerdy Rendition of Third Eye Blind’s ‘Jumper': Watch