How Much Is Too Much Of An Allowance? Or Shall We Call This ‘Bribery?’
My daughters mother and I are in the middle of a SERIOUS debate about what is appropriate and what isn’t as far as allowances and “INCENTIVE” money.
I offered what I call a “BONUS” for all As on this year’s report card. I mean, we get bonuses at work for good performance, right?
Her mother feels it’s a bad idea but, offers an allowance. I feel that an allowance is also a bribe for doing what is required to help around our home.
I found an article about allowances that sort of surprised me. Basically, it says that the average allowance provides kids enough money in a year to be able to buy an Apple iPad and three Kindles and still have money left over – according to a national survey sponsored by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA).
Do YOU give an allowance? Do YOU offer a “bonus” for good grades? Sound off in the comments section below and take the poll!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set
- Nate Ruess Talks fun.’s New Album: ‘It’s Moving’
- Coldplay Announce Tour Dates Behind New Album, ‘Ghost Stories’
- Lorde Finally Meets the Baseball Player Who Inspired ‘Royals’
- Kim’s College: Katy Perry’s New Man, Robin Williams As A Woman & Pharrell’s Breakdown
- Mrs. Doubtfire Is Back, Hated Celebs & Brad And Angelina Are One Kinky Couple: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!