My daughters mother and I are in the middle of a SERIOUS debate about what is appropriate and what isn’t as far as allowances and “INCENTIVE” money.
I offered what I call a “BONUS” for all As on this year’s report card. I mean, we get bonuses at work for good performance, right?
Her mother feels it’s a bad idea but, offers an allowance. I feel that an allowance is also a bribe for doing what is required to help around our home.
I found an article about allowances that sort of surprised me. Basically, it says that the average allowance provides kids enough money in a year to be able to buy an Apple iPad and three Kindles and still have money left over – according to a national survey sponsored by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA).
Do YOU give an allowance? Do YOU offer a “bonus” for good grades? Sound off in the comments section below and take the poll!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Linkin Park Will Live Stream Chester Bennington Tribute Concert
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’
- Ed Sheeran Says Substance Abuse Contributed to Hiatus from Music
- Mariah Carey Unveils New Christmas Song ‘The Star’
- Niall Horan Shares Acoustic Version of ‘Flicker’ Title Track
- Lady Gaga is Back in the (Pilates) Studio