My daughters mother and I are in the middle of a SERIOUS debate about what is appropriate and what isn’t as far as allowances and “INCENTIVE” money.
I offered what I call a “BONUS” for all As on this year’s report card. I mean, we get bonuses at work for good performance, right?
Her mother feels it’s a bad idea but, offers an allowance. I feel that an allowance is also a bribe for doing what is required to help around our home.
I found an article about allowances that sort of surprised me. Basically, it says that the average allowance provides kids enough money in a year to be able to buy an Apple iPad and three Kindles and still have money left over – according to a national survey sponsored by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA).
Do YOU give an allowance? Do YOU offer a “bonus” for good grades? Sound off in the comments section below and take the poll!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pink Shares Breastfeeding Photo
- U2 Accused of Stealing Material for 1991 Album ‘Achtung Baby’
- Kim Kardashian Posts Adorable Selfies with Son Saint West
- Watch Ed Sheeran & Roots Perform ‘Shape of You’ with Toy Instruments
- Watch James Corden Spoof ‘La La Land’ Oscars Debacle in Song
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 10 Songs That Fill You With Lust