Alanis Morissette isn’t shying away from baby talk.
The new mother, who gave birth to son Ever nearly two years ago, has already spoken openly about her attachment parenting style on Good Morning America, explaining that she’ll let him choose when it’s time to stop breastfeeding, even if that’s when he’s “six years old.”
Now she’s talking about her own struggles with postpartum depression, telling ET Canada that she just thought it was “a swampy chapter” that would pass.
“I came to realize the longer I waited, the more intense it would become,” she admitted.
Now Alanis wants to share her struggle with the baby blues, in hopes other mothers dealing with depression will seek support.
“I think if there is any goal in me talking about it, it would be to eradicate the shame around it,” she said. “It’s just what happens sometimes and, for me, I just waited way too long to reach out for help.”
Alanis seems to be in a helpful mood telling CNN that she’s be in talks with American Idol about their open position at the judges’ table. Though she couldn’t reveal too much about the seriousness of the talks, the “You Oughta Know” singer said she “lives to mentor.”
“My heart is much more open to the idea of that than even 10 years ago when I, perhaps, wasn’t in a position to be able to offer much advice, solicited or otherwise,” she said. “[But] I love watching people and just getting really curious about what they want and what they need and what their goals are, and then I can support them.”
Do you think Alanis would make a good judge for Idol? Let us know below.
The singer’s new album, Havoc and Bright Lights, is out August 28.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- Willie Nelson Teams Up with Harry Connick Jr. on Holiday Track ‘When I’m Home’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Barbie Digital Makeover Mirror
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- New Jersey’s ‘Men In Kilts’: For ALL Of Your Handyman Needs!