Taylor Swift Breaks Records With New Single
Last week Taylor Swift debuted the first track off her upcoming album Red. On “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” Swift tells the tale of a relationship riddled with breakups before she finally asserts it is officially over.
The track marks many firsts for the country pop star. Setting the female digital record, Billboard reports “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” sold 623,000 downloads beating Ke$ha’s “TiK ToK” with 610,000 downloads back in 2010. The best week ever for a woman, Billboard reveals that Swift’s track the second-largest single ever just behind Flo Rida’s “Right Round.”
— Taylor Nation (@taylornation13) August 22, 2012
In addition to beating the female digital record, Swift’s new single achieves a new milestone. “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” is Taylor’s first-ever No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart. Though her past singles “You Belong With Me” and “Today Was a Fairytale” landed at No. 2 and “Mine” and “Love Story” reached No. 3 and No. 4 respectively, this is her first No. 1 crossover hit.
I want to thank you guys for giving me my biggest first week ever with “We are Never”. I can’t stop smiling. You guys are amazing!!
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) August 18, 2012
Currently putting the final touches on her album that’s due out October 22, if “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” is any indication of her upcoming release, Swift will remain breaking records.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together