Stand Up To Cancer With Taylor Swift, Alicia Keys and Coldplay
Hollywood is taking a stand against cancer and looking for your help.
On September 7, stars like Matt Damon, Julia Roberts, Emma Stone and Gwyneth Paltrow will man the phones for the Stand Up To Cancer telethon, looking to raise money for cancer research.
The hour-long show, which will air live and commercial-free on all major networks, will feature musical performances from Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, Alicia Keys and Coldplay, which features Gwyneth’s hubby of eight years, Chris Martin. As the executive producer of the show, we’re guessing it wasn’t too hard for Gwyneth to book the band.
Fans will be able to call into the show and talk to celebrities like The Bourne Legacy’s Jeremy Renner, the future Ms. Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel and Katie Couric–who co-founded SU2C after the death of her husband, Jay, from colon cancer at the age of 42.
They will also be able to donate via text and at standup2cancer.org. One hundred percent of the donations will go directly to cancer research.
The last two telethons, which aired in 2008 and then again in 2010, raised over $180 million dollars for cancer research.
Go here to find out more information about Stand Up To Cancer and the full list of celebrities scheduled to appear.
Watch the live show on September 7 at 8 pm EST on numerous stations, including CBS.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Announces Their New Cast For Season 21
- Watch: Miranda Lambert and Friends Playfully Cover Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’
- Miley Cyrus Trolled with ‘Miley, What’s Good?’ Comments on Instagram
- Azealia Banks Thinks Miley, Taylor, and Nicki Make Basic Music
- Fan Theory: Calvin Harris Made a Secret Appearance in Taylor Swift’s ‘Wildest Dreams’ Music Video
- Demi Lovato Opens Up about New Song Dedicated to Her Late Father