Mariah Carey shows off her strength and her post-baby bod in her new video for “Triumphant (Get ‘Em).”
The song, which features rappers Rick Ross and Meek Mill, was written during a tough time in Mariah’s life. It was right after the death of her friend Whitney Houston and after her husband Nick Cannon was hospitalized for kidney failure. The song, her first since her 2009 album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, was an anthem, not only to help herself through the hard time, but to help those who need a little strength.
In the video, Mariah shows her power, playing the diva to Ross’ Don as they check out a boxing match.
Though Mimi never puts on the gloves, she could never just sit on the sidelines. Instead she shows off her curves—thanks in part to her deal with Jenny Craig–as the ring girl, becoming the night’s real entertainment.
As she shimmers in a gold floor length gown, Meek Mill defends the title, following her advice to just get ‘em.
Check out the video below and let us know what you think about Mariah’s new look.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay Not Performing Israeli-Palestinian Peace Concerts
- Stream Foo Fighters Concert Live Right Now!
- Oscars Secrets Revealed + the Truth About the Red Carpet
- Win Tickets To The Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience
- Ariana Grande’s Charm is ‘Dangerous’ in New York City
- John Mayer Unpacks ‘The Search for Everything’ Wave 2