Kelly Rowland Goes For Laughs With New BET Sitcom
The upcoming show entitled What Would Dylan Do, according to the Hollywood Reporter. It will feature Rowland as a Los Angeles relationship blogger dealing with a struggling career and roommates.
The program will be executive produced by the Bernie Mac Show’s Warren Hutcherson and will be written and co-produced by Julian Breece. Rowland will be joined by Gabrielle Dennis of the hit BET series the Game; Melanie Liburd of Strike Back; and Grey’s Anatomy’s Brandon Scott.
Rowland is no stranger to television. Last season, the Grammy winning vocalist was a judge on the U.K. version of the hit singing competition X Factor. And over the years, she has appeared in episodes of the Hughleys, Girlfriends, and American Dreams.
While it’s not a sure bet that What Would Dylan Do will be picked up by the network, the program would join a growing list of scripted shows from BET (the aforementioned The Game, Let’s Stay Together, and Reed Between the Lines) that have boosted the network’s ratings.
According to Hollywood Reporter, the African-American focused cable network had its best ratings year in 2011, landing in the top 20 of the much important 18-49 advertising demographic.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Light Up Paris with ‘Young Forever/Halo’ from HBO’s ‘On The Run’ Special: Watch
- Win Tickets To #WCS In LA
- We Can Survive 2014: Taylor Swift, Pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande and More
- Pat Monahan Talks Train’s ‘Sail Across the Sun’ Cruise
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′