Angry Birds is one of those ubiquitous games that everyone you know has on their smart phone, tablet, etc. With its cute characters and merchandise found throughout shopping malls the world over, the game has found its way into the hearts of all ages and genders. Angry Birds has not only been the best-selling app of all time, but the original as well as Angry Birds Rio and Angry Birds Seasons each hold spots in the top 10.
Word spread about a new edition of the game after the Japanese version of Angry Birds tweeted a picture of three spiky-haired silhouetted pigs with the hashtag #greendaypigs. Green Day’s official site followed suit with a “coming soon” graphic on the home page. Officially titled Angry Birds Friends, the episode will feature 10 music-themed levels complete with bad pig characters inspired by Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool.
“We’re all fans of Angry Birds,” said Armstrong. “It’s such an addictive game that when we first started playing it we couldn’t stop. Go Team Green!”
While Green Day boasts a whopping 24 million Facebook fans, Angry Birds is not far behind with 21 million. Assuming Angry Birds’ players are more diverse, the Bay Area band could stand to gain a few fans with the collaboration.
The full-featured game is available to play now exclusively through Facebook.
Green Day is set to release their trilogy titled ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré! with ¡Uno! hitting stores September 25 in the United States. ¡Dos! on November 13 and ¡Tré! on January 15 2013. All three albums are available for pre-order here.
— Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’