Previously, Bieber had a perfect 100 on the Klout scorecard but after they adjusted the site’s algorithms he finds himself bumped down to a 92 while President Obama earns a 99. One change that probably greatly influenced Bieber’s slide is his job title on LinkedIn. It’s awfully difficult to beat “President of the United States of America,” even for a global pop star.
Another factor increasing Obama’s Klout score is the Google PageRank of his Wikipedia page vs. Justin Bieber’s. The President likely has more Google clout from Wikipedia, giving him the advantage.
Klout scores are known to be a bit wonky, as they’re based on how many people subscribe to/follow your posts and then interact with them. Users can give K+ on any topic they choose, lending the system of what becomes associated with anyone’s name to be easily gamed.
For example, Klout shows Bieber to be highly influential about music, celebrities, family, religion & spirituality and charities. It also marks prostitution high among his areas of expertise along with a few other sketchy topics due to Klout members giving him joking K+’s on things like the holocaust and Japanese Adult Video Awards.
President Obama is said by Klout to be an expert in debt, government, politics, college, and media. Amazingly enough, his expertise on the Republican Party is very high while the Democratic Party doesn’t even make the list.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Have You Ever Received An Inappropriate Text Message at the Absolute Worst Time Ever?
- Paris Jackson Shares Photos with Godfather Macaulay Culkin
- Katy Perry Becomes Guy Fieri for Lookalike Day
- Bruno Mars Drops ‘That’s What I Like’ Remixes Featuring Gucci Mane, PARTYNEXTDOOR & Others
- Morris Day Shares ‘Over That Rainbow’ Video a Year after Prince Dies
- Zayn Malik and PARTYNEXTDOOR Release NSFW Video for ‘Still Got Time’