Mariah Carey Kicks Off the NFL Season In New York
Mariah Carey is ready for some football and she plans to sing about it when the season kicks off on September 5.
The singer, who just released her single “Triumphant (Get Em),” will perform live from Rockefeller Plaza before the New York Giants take on the Dallas Cowboys at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
In a statement, Mariah said she was “thrilled to be performing in New York,” her hometown, and that she was looking forward to making the season launch “even more festive.”
Mariah will be joined by No Doubt, who performed at Super Bowl XXXVII in 2003 and are getting ready to release their new album, Push And Shove, on September 25.
The NFL is recruiting a bunch of music stars for this season’s kick-off including Cee Lo Green, who is the voice of Thursday Night Football with his game night theme song, “I Love Football” set to The Ramones’ “Blitzkrieg Bop.”
The hour-long pre-game show featuring Mariah and No Doubt will air September 5 at 7:30 p.m. EDT on NBC.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Enter to Win: One Direction at MetLife Stadium
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Metallica Plan Reissues of ‘Ride the Lightning,’ ‘Master of Puppets’