Cyndi Lauper Heads To Broadway This Spring
Cyndi Lauper is heading to Broadway. No, she’s not starring in Girls Just Want to Have Fun: The Musical, she’s the songwriter for the upcoming musical adaptation of the 2005 British film, Kinky Boots.
The musical, which officially opens on April 4, is about a struggling shoe factory that enlists a drag queen to help drum up business. Though Cyndi has acted on Broadway before—she starred in 2006’s Threepenny Opera—Kinky Boots marks her songwriting debut.
SEE ALSO: Cyndi Lauper In Studio @ Fresh
Fans can catch previews of the show this fall in Chicago before it makes its way to New York this spring, the New York Times reports.
Cyndi will certainly be keeping herself busy until then working on her upcoming reality show Cyndi Lauper: Still So Unusual on WE tv, which takes a look inside the pop singer’s hectic life. No premiere date has been announced as of yet.
She’ll also be promoting her new book, Cyndi Lauper: A Memoir, due out September 18.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Dinner For Two On Spirit Cruises
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Lady Gaga Is a Blonde Again: See Her New Look
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- Adam Lambert Teases Two More Songs Off New Album ‘The Original High': Listen