Cyndi Lauper is heading to Broadway. No, she’s not starring in Girls Just Want to Have Fun: The Musical, she’s the songwriter for the upcoming musical adaptation of the 2005 British film, Kinky Boots.
The musical, which officially opens on April 4, is about a struggling shoe factory that enlists a drag queen to help drum up business. Though Cyndi has acted on Broadway before—she starred in 2006’s Threepenny Opera—Kinky Boots marks her songwriting debut.
SEE ALSO: Cyndi Lauper In Studio @ Fresh
Fans can catch previews of the show this fall in Chicago before it makes its way to New York this spring, the New York Times reports.
Cyndi will certainly be keeping herself busy until then working on her upcoming reality show Cyndi Lauper: Still So Unusual on WE tv, which takes a look inside the pop singer’s hectic life. No premiere date has been announced as of yet.
She’ll also be promoting her new book, Cyndi Lauper: A Memoir, due out September 18.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Paul McCartney Releases Virtual Reality Series
- A Great Big World Struggle with MS on ‘Won’t Stop Running’
- Watch Radiohead Perform ‘Creep’ Live for the First Time in 7 Years
- P!nk Turns Pink During Johnny Depp Surprise
- Chewbacca Mom Gets a Lesson from J.J. Abrams: Watch
- Paul McCartney Calls Kanye West a Monster