Ryan Star Talks Long Island Living, Rock Star Moments and Fresh In the Park 2012
Today on the Jim & Kim Show, Ryan called in to chat about his excitement for the show, as well as everything else that’s been going on in his busy life.
LISTEN – Ryan Chats with Jim & Kim:
“I’m super psyched to be a part of [Fresh In the Park]… hometown… this is the best!” says Ryan who grew up in Huntington, LI and currently resides in Brooklyn.
Ryan has been on the road for the past five years, so a nice hometown show is just what he’s been needing.
“It’s great to be able to come home and have the support and the love.”
Ryan recalls his first and perhaps only job that he had growing up on Long Island.
“I did work at Jones Beach… I was on the trucks… lower than low on the scum food chain… and there were union guys that couldn’t get on the trucks so only these underpaid kids were allowed touch certain things. I remember my biggest rock star night was, Weezer was playing Jones Beach and these girls were hanging out trying to get with Rivers [Cuomo] and I remember… saying these girls still wanna hang out [after Weezer left]! We got Weezer leftover groupies.”
Since actually becoming a rock star, Ryan says his biggest moment is when he played the Tonight Show with Jay Leno two nights ago.
“I’m still on a high from it, to be honest. Talking to my hometown here… it was the greatest thing,” Ryan says. “Afterwards, you’re shaking their hands and you’re just like ‘I’m the guy shaking the hands right now! Hey olympic gold medalists, what’s up?!'”
“It was just one of those moments where you say ‘man, you’ve earned this on your own’ after all these years of hustling and working hard and touring and playing in front of nobody. And then to get exposure like that and be showcased. It’s unreal. I was at the urinal at the airport saying “I’m gonna be on the tonight show!”
–Joe Cingrana, Fresh 102.7
Keep Up with Ryan Star:
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: firstname.lastname@example.org >
- Give Jim Douglas Some Golf Tips at: email@example.com >
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: firstname.lastname@example.org >
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook >
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim and Craig Too >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Impact: Kelly Clarkson Returns to Pop on ‘Piece By Piece’
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- Kelly Clarkson Says Her Husband Is the Only Person She’s Ever Truly Loved
- Kid Rock Is Being Attacked By Bees
- Missy Elliott, Pharrell Working on New Music