More Information Released on Bobby Brown’s Stint in Rehab
More details have been released about Bobby Brown’slatest trip to rehab. It has been confirmed that the singer admitted himself into a rehabilitation center last week.
Reports yesterday (August 15) said that Bobby entered rehab after some urging from his New Edition bandmates, but according to a statement from his lawyer, Christopher Brown, Bobby did so willingly in conjunction with an arrest earlier this year in California where he was pulled over for using a cell phone without a headset. There was some suspicion that he was driving under the influence, which led the court to rule Bobby seek help for his alcohol use.
“Mr. Brown takes his agreement very seriously and admitted himself three weeks after concluding his honeymoon in Mexico during a break from the New Edition tour,” said his lawyer. “Bobby is doing well and receiving services that comply with his agreement with the State of California.”
Bobby’s wife and manager, Alicia Etheridge-Brown, also released a statement about his latest stint in rehab.
“Bobby’s children and loved ones are very proud of him,” she said. “We appreciate his fans prayers and well wishes. Bobby is mentally in a good place.”
The singer’s trip to rehab will not get in the way of his upcoming tour dates. He plans to honor his solo date on September 1 in Orlando, FL and rejoin his New Edition bandmates on September 19 for their show in Long Island, NY.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog