More Information Released on Bobby Brown’s Stint in Rehab
More details have been released about Bobby Brown’slatest trip to rehab. It has been confirmed that the singer admitted himself into a rehabilitation center last week.
Reports yesterday (August 15) said that Bobby entered rehab after some urging from his New Edition bandmates, but according to a statement from his lawyer, Christopher Brown, Bobby did so willingly in conjunction with an arrest earlier this year in California where he was pulled over for using a cell phone without a headset. There was some suspicion that he was driving under the influence, which led the court to rule Bobby seek help for his alcohol use.
“Mr. Brown takes his agreement very seriously and admitted himself three weeks after concluding his honeymoon in Mexico during a break from the New Edition tour,” said his lawyer. “Bobby is doing well and receiving services that comply with his agreement with the State of California.”
Bobby’s wife and manager, Alicia Etheridge-Brown, also released a statement about his latest stint in rehab.
“Bobby’s children and loved ones are very proud of him,” she said. “We appreciate his fans prayers and well wishes. Bobby is mentally in a good place.”
The singer’s trip to rehab will not get in the way of his upcoming tour dates. He plans to honor his solo date on September 1 in Orlando, FL and rejoin his New Edition bandmates on September 19 for their show in Long Island, NY.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You