Jason Mraz “Won’t Give Up” Going Green
“Tour” may be a four-letter word, but “green” is an even more important term for Jason Mraz. With his latest tour, the artist wants to leave a positive stamp on the places he’s been and he’s doing it in the best way possible: by planting trees and “greening” up the cities he hits.
While Mraz is leaving his mark across the country, the tour itself is leaving as little impact on the environment as possible. Mraz, an outspoken environmentalist, took to Instagram to post a photo explaining how “Tour is a Four-Letter Word” is as green as can be. Their trucks and buses run on BioDiesel fuel, tour catering includes reusable and compostable products, and each gig features an “Eco-Village” where fans learn and take part in envrionmental action in their area.
Earlier this year Mraz told Billboard that he followed an equation when coordinating the tree plantings to guarantee the new saplings would offset the minimal carbon emissions his travels have generated. Since then he’s launched TreeIsAFourLetterWord.org, a website filled with tips for environmentally conscious living, and a text-based donation program that lets fans donate $5 to plant a tree in Jason’s “Virtual Forest.” The latter provides funding for very real environmental organizations around the world. Mraz has been bringing the green with him everywhere he goes on his current tour.
The singer is on his way to the East Coast this August along with Christina Perri and plans to plant trees in Boston and Hartford when he stops in each town.
-Bill Sencio, 96.5 TIC/Hartford
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Enter To Win: Ariana Grande at MSG
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings