Sheryl Crow Granted 3-Year Restraining Order Against Man Who Threatened Her Via Facebook
Threats made against Sheryl Crow by a man on Facebook are not being taken lightly.
In an hour-long hearing at the Los Angeles County Superior Court, which was not attended by Crow, Sparks claimed the “Soak Up The Sun” singer along with movie producer Harvey Weinstein, stole $7.5 million from him. He also told the court the pair videotaped and followed him without permission and were the reason he was homeless.
Sparks told the court he made these claims because he was frustrated that they stole from him and believed they were still following him.
The forensic psychiatrist, Dr. David Glaser, who interviewed Sparks recently called him “imminently dangerous” and said “his psychosis is directed intently at Crow.”
During the hearing, Glaser testified saying, “Mr. Sparks is unambiguously delusional.”
Superior Court Judge James Hahn ordered Sparks stay 300 yards away from both Crow and Weinstein and make no attempt to contact them.
Crow has yet to comment on the verdict.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Big Boi Hops on Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Remix: Listen
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater
- George Harrison, Bee Gees to Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Awards
- An Animated Questlove Chases Patti LaBelle and Fried Chicken: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert Attempt to Sell Michael Stipe at a Yard Sale