For Faith Hill‘s upcoming 2012 album Illusion, her first in five years, the Southern songstress will cover OneRepublic‘s “Come Home.” The decision to put the final track from the band’s 2007 album Dream Out Loud was merely circumstance, as her first choice of a Ryan Tedder penned track was already claimed.
While in studio with Tedder, Hill heard a recording which caught her ear, immediately falling in love with it. Unfortunately for Hill, the song was not performed by a demo singer, but an artist Tedder co-wrote the song with; Adele.
“It hadn’t come out yet,” says Tedder of “Rumor Has It,” the fourth singel from Adele’s 21. “Nobody knew what it was going to be or anything.”
What it would be is a platinum selling single for Adele that would also chart in 14 different countries. With “Rumor Has It” already spoken for, it was a surprise to Tedder the choice Hill would make.
“That was crazy. ‘Come Home’ came out of nowhere,” says Tedder.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Demi Lovato to Discuss Sexuality in New Documentary
- Taylor Swift Meets Her Multiple Selves in New Behind the Scenes Clip
- Who Are The Best Pop Songwriters Of Our Generation?
- Have You Ever Had The Cops Called On You?
- Watch Demi Lovato & Jimmy Fallon Have a ‘Lip Sync Conversation’
- Artists Send Thoughts & Prayers to Mexico City Following Earthquake