Peter Gabriel’s “So” Reissue Details
If you are a fan of Peter Gabriel‘s classic 1986 album So, this is turning out to be a good (albeit expensive) year. First came word that he’s doing the entire album from start to finish on a brief North American tour, with many of the musicians who originally played on the album. Now comes news that Gabriel is releasing a very deluxe edition of the album to celebrate its 25th birthday.
The reissues will be available digitally, as well as in an expanded 3 CD version and a limited edition deluxe 4 CD/2 DVD version. (For those of you who never upgraded from cassette, there will also be a straight, single CD reissue.)
The 3 CD version will include the original album as well as a previously unreleased concert from the So tour recorded in Athens, Georgia in 1987. The deluxe version will include a “So DNA” CD (with “work-in-progress” versions of the songs from the album), the live Athens concert, a DVD of the Athens concert (produced by Martin Scorsese), a DVD with the Classic Albums: So documentary, So on a vinyl LP (resequenced in the running order that Gabriel had originally intended) and a 12″ single with an alternate version of “Don’t Give Up” and two previously unreleased tracks.
The So reissues will be released on October 23; the tour kicks off in Quebec City on September 16.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Enter To Win: Phillip Phillips Autographed Guitar
- Kanye West, Lorde Reportedly Getting Together in the Studio
- Bono Calls U2’s Surprise iTunes Album Release ‘Punk Rock': ‘Annoy People and Get in Their Faces’
- Prince Releases New Song ‘Funknroll': Listen
- This Week On FM Magazine: Gilda’s Club Northern New Jersey
- Related Questions: Ne-Yo – ‘She Knows’