The boy band, which is currently touring, felt Bobby’s drinking was becoming a concern and advised him to enter treatment for his addiction, reported Radar Online.
Bobby was arrested in California for a DUI in March, one month after the death of his ex-wife, Whitney Houston. He pleaded no contest and was sentenced to probation and ordered to complete a 90-day alcohol education program. The singer has had numerous run-ins with the law because of his alcohol and substance abuse problems including a 2004 arrest in Georgia for drunk driving.
His manager and wife, Alicia Etheredge, who he married in June, confirmed to the website that Bobby was in treatment telling them, “He’s doing great.”
The current New Edition tour is scheduled to pick up again in Long Island, NY on September 19.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site