Bobby Brown Returns to Rehab
The boy band, which is currently touring, felt Bobby’s drinking was becoming a concern and advised him to enter treatment for his addiction, reported Radar Online.
Bobby was arrested in California for a DUI in March, one month after the death of his ex-wife, Whitney Houston. He pleaded no contest and was sentenced to probation and ordered to complete a 90-day alcohol education program. The singer has had numerous run-ins with the law because of his alcohol and substance abuse problems including a 2004 arrest in Georgia for drunk driving.
His manager and wife, Alicia Etheredge, who he married in June, confirmed to the website that Bobby was in treatment telling them, “He’s doing great.”
The current New Edition tour is scheduled to pick up again in Long Island, NY on September 19.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo