Alicia Keys finally revealed the title of her new album in a letter she posted on her website.
Key’s new record, which she is currently finishing up in New York City, will be called Girl on Fire.
Though the singer didn’t give a release date for the album, she did explain its title.
“Making this record, in some ways I felt like a lion locked in a cage,” she wrote on her site. “I felt like a girl misunderstood that no one really knew, I felt like it was time to stop making excuses for any part of my life that I wanted to change. Once I made that choice I became a Girl on Fire, the lion broke free!”
Alicia says her fifth album, her first since 2009’s Element of Freedom, is about “new beginnings, new perspectives and fresh starts.” She previously told fans this new one is also about becoming a mother and the strength she’s found in her new role. The singer gave birth to son, Egypt, in 2010.
“There is something really empowering about finding yourself and your own inner strength,” she wrote. “On one song, one of the lines I wrote says, ‘I’ll never be perfect, but at least now I’m brave.’”
Read Alicia’s full letter to fans here.
Check out her latest single,”New Day,” produced by her hubby, Swizz Beatz, below.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site