If you’re going to raise money for a good cause, you might as well do it with your shirt off. Presumably, that is the logic behind the annual FDNY “Calendar Of Heroes,” which sports thirteen of New York’s most chiseled, fire-fighting men for your viewing pleasure and appointment keeping needs.
That dinner with the in-laws isn’t the highlight of your social schedule, but it certainly looks a lot better with Darius Dorsett gazing back at you, wearing nothing but a smile … and a flame retardant jacket, of course.
“I looked at this as a challenge,” Dorsett, a 26-year-old firefighter at Long Island City’s Engine 260, told the Daily News. “A lot of people exercise for nothing, and that actually makes it boring. So I said, ‘I’ve got to try out for the FDNY calendar.’”
Dorsett, of Jamaica, bares all with his fellow hook and laddermen to raise money and awareness for fire safety programs. In 2011, calendar sales raised $150,000. And with 600,000 people receiving the FDNY fire-safety demos each year, the money is certainly well spent.
Several of the hunky firemen stopped by The Couch on CBS to shed more light on the fire safety demos and of course, their shredded abs. You can watch the interview at CBS New York.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- New Music to Know: Drake Collaborator Sampha Brings His British Soul Across the Pond
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Cra-Z-Loom Bracelet Maker
- Vampire Weekend, Beck, Fiona Apple, on Starbucks Covers Compilation
- Beyonce’s New Album Gets Surprise iTunes Release
- Kim’s College: Madea, Beyonce and Mila
- Mr. Annoying, Kris Jenner Needs More Surgery & Jonah Hill Gets Revenge: It’s the Hollywood Hotsheet!