After twenty years of marriage, Kenny G files for divorce.
In papers filed on August 9 with the L.A. Superior Court, the smooth jazz saxophonist—real name Kenneth Bruce Gorelick–cited irreconcilable differences as the reason to dissolve his marriage. He is seeking joint custody of their youngest son, Noah, who is 14 years old. The couple has another son together who is 18 years old.
Kenny and his wife, Balynda Helene Benson-Gorelick, have been separated for seven months. She originally filed for legal separation back in January, with a request for full custody of Noah.
The couple, who married in 1992, have a prenuptial agreement, according to the court papers. Neither side has spoken out about the impending divorce.
The saxophonist released his fourteenth studio album, Namaste, in late June and is heading out on a 16-date tour, kicking things off on September 22 in St. Louis, Missouri.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Trailer Takes on George Michael’s ‘Freedom ’90’
- Watch Chester Bennington Sing About Unicorns and Lollipops
- Wiz Khalifa Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington
- Kelly Clarkson Fires Back at Trump Over NFL Comments
- Beyoncé and JAY-Z Buy $26 Million Hamptons Mansion
- Dave Matthews Band’s Boyd Tinsley Reflects On Concert For Charlottesville