Kenny G Files For Divorce
After twenty years of marriage, Kenny G files for divorce.
In papers filed on August 9 with the L.A. Superior Court, the smooth jazz saxophonist—real name Kenneth Bruce Gorelick–cited irreconcilable differences as the reason to dissolve his marriage. He is seeking joint custody of their youngest son, Noah, who is 14 years old. The couple has another son together who is 18 years old.
Kenny and his wife, Balynda Helene Benson-Gorelick, have been separated for seven months. She originally filed for legal separation back in January, with a request for full custody of Noah.
The couple, who married in 1992, have a prenuptial agreement, according to the court papers. Neither side has spoken out about the impending divorce.
The saxophonist released his fourteenth studio album, Namaste, in late June and is heading out on a 16-date tour, kicking things off on September 22 in St. Louis, Missouri.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015
- Jay Z Is Bringing His Made in America Festival to the West Coast, While Still Keeping It In Philly
- Watch Taylor Swift Surprise a Fan at Her Bridal Shower
- Watch: Pharrell Cries As People Dance To “Happy”
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized For Severe Allergic Reaction, Cancels Shows
- Are Jay Z & Beyoncé Touring Together This Summer?