Ready for a new track from Cowboys superfan Kelly Clarkson? Today the singer released a real hometown anthem for her Dallas football team titled “Get Up (A Cowboys Anthem),” in conjunction with Pepsi and the NFL.
Clarkson is one of a group of artists, including Kid Rock, Wiz Khalifa, Travie McCoy of Gym Class Heroes and Ice Cube who are creating songs for their hometown football teams for the NFL anthems program.
“When you’re born in Fort Worth, you come out of the womb loving the Cowboys,” Clarkson told USA Today. “In Texas, people love football more than anything. Once they find out about this, I’ll be golden.”
She’s serious about being a Texas girl, through and through, and makes reference to it in the new song, saying, “Everybody wants to be a Lone Star, a hero/But only Texas has it all.”
All of the songs will be available as a free download on the Pepsi Anthems website.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- This Week On FM Magazine: United Colors Of Fashion
- Missy Elliot Debuts New Song ‘Pep Rally’ in Super Bowl Ad
- Kanye West Knows What He’s Going to Call His New Album, Maybe
- Drake Confirms He is NOT Performing at The Grammys
- Elton John Performs Post-Super Bowl Carpool Karaoke with James Corden
- Taylor Swift to Open the GRAMMY Awards