After Green Day debuted a grip of new tunes from the forthcoming triple-album extravaganza ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tres! at a surprise L.A. club date, the studio version of one of those songs, “Kill The DJ,” has hit the internet after being played on UK radio.
“We were trying to figure out how to make dance music without turning into a dance band,” Billie Joe Armstrong told Rolling Stone about the song’s disco-punk beat, reminiscent of Franz Ferdinand and early Joe Jackson. “[Bassist] Mike [Dirnt] asked me to write a song with a four-on-the-floor rhythm. I’d never done it before.”
The first of the three new Green Day albums, ¡Uno!, is set for release on September 25.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Radio
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 20 Songs to Help You Live in the Moment
- Jay Z Runs Interference on Crazed Beyoncé Fan
- Bruce Springsteen Gets into Christmas Spirit a Little Early
- 50 Cent’s Next Venture: 50 Cent Stores?
- Ariana Grande Sued for Copyright Infringement
- Prince’s ‘Lets Go Crazy’ Will Ring Out When Minnesota Wild Scores