Green Day Reveal New Disco-Punk Song “Kill The DJ”
After Green Day debuted a grip of new tunes from the forthcoming triple-album extravaganza ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tres! at a surprise L.A. club date, the studio version of one of those songs, “Kill The DJ,” has hit the internet after being played on UK radio.
“We were trying to figure out how to make dance music without turning into a dance band,” Billie Joe Armstrong told Rolling Stone about the song’s disco-punk beat, reminiscent of Franz Ferdinand and early Joe Jackson. “[Bassist] Mike [Dirnt] asked me to write a song with a four-on-the-floor rhythm. I’d never done it before.”
The first of the three new Green Day albums, ¡Uno!, is set for release on September 25.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Radio
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Four Day Pop Up Cat Cafe! Don’t Miss It!
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Claims That Her ‘Hello Kitty’ Video is Racist
- Kim’s College: Tribeca Film Festival, No Kardashians In NJ & Pink Lyrics
- Joan Rivers Trash Talks Hostages, Clooney Stands Up For Obama & Khloe K Not Wanted In NJ: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan