After Green Day debuted a grip of new tunes from the forthcoming triple-album extravaganza ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tres! at a surprise L.A. club date, the studio version of one of those songs, “Kill The DJ,” has hit the internet after being played on UK radio.
“We were trying to figure out how to make dance music without turning into a dance band,” Billie Joe Armstrong told Rolling Stone about the song’s disco-punk beat, reminiscent of Franz Ferdinand and early Joe Jackson. “[Bassist] Mike [Dirnt] asked me to write a song with a four-on-the-floor rhythm. I’d never done it before.”
The first of the three new Green Day albums, ¡Uno!, is set for release on September 25.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Radio
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’