Green Day Reveal New Disco-Punk Song “Kill The DJ”
After Green Day debuted a grip of new tunes from the forthcoming triple-album extravaganza ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tres! at a surprise L.A. club date, the studio version of one of those songs, “Kill The DJ,” has hit the internet after being played on UK radio.
“We were trying to figure out how to make dance music without turning into a dance band,” Billie Joe Armstrong told Rolling Stone about the song’s disco-punk beat, reminiscent of Franz Ferdinand and early Joe Jackson. “[Bassist] Mike [Dirnt] asked me to write a song with a four-on-the-floor rhythm. I’d never done it before.”
The first of the three new Green Day albums, ¡Uno!, is set for release on September 25.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Radio
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Light Up Paris with ‘Young Forever/Halo’ from HBO’s ‘On The Run’ Special: Watch
- Win Tickets To #WCS In LA
- We Can Survive 2014: Taylor Swift, Pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande and More
- Pat Monahan Talks Train’s ‘Sail Across the Sun’ Cruise
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′