After Green Day debuted a grip of new tunes from the forthcoming triple-album extravaganza ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tres! at a surprise L.A. club date, the studio version of one of those songs, “Kill The DJ,” has hit the internet after being played on UK radio.
“We were trying to figure out how to make dance music without turning into a dance band,” Billie Joe Armstrong told Rolling Stone about the song’s disco-punk beat, reminiscent of Franz Ferdinand and early Joe Jackson. “[Bassist] Mike [Dirnt] asked me to write a song with a four-on-the-floor rhythm. I’d never done it before.”
The first of the three new Green Day albums, ¡Uno!, is set for release on September 25.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Radio
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Rihanna Drops ‘Sledgehammer’ Music Video
- Check out Justin Timberlake as a Troll
- Chinese Can’t Place Bets on Taylor Swift’s Love Life Anymore
- Alanis Morissette Shares Naked Underwater Pregnant Photo
- Lady Gaga, Demi Lovato, Chris Pine Lead Star-Studded Tribute to Orlando Victims
- Ruby Rose Pens Essay in Support of Taylor Swift