Rihanna Surprises Oprah With Tears For Chris Brown: “I Lost My Best Friend”
If early previews of Oprah’s much-anticipated interview with Rihanna are any indication, music fans will see a rare emotional side from the controversial pop singer. In promo clips for the upcoming sit-down, Rihanna cries when asked about her stormy relationship with R&B performer Chris Brown.
It was in 2009 when the Barbados-born singer was physically assaulted by her then boyfriend. Since then the pair has caused a stir by recording two remixes together—Rihanna’s sexy blush-inducing “Birthday Cake” and the Brown dance track “Turn Up the Music.” But according to an emotional Rihanna, the fallout from the headline-making incident with Brown brought about a debilitating period.
“It was embarrassing,” Rihanna told Oprah. “It was humiliating. I lost my best friend. I was resentful. I held a grudge. I was dark.”
Watch video here.
But it wasn’t all sob stories. A smiling Rihanna impressed Ms. Winfrey with her driving abilities, her down-to-earth relationship with the people from her old neighborhood, and the 24-year-old’s softer side. Specifically, Oprah points to Rih Rih’s warm personality during their interview in Barbados, adding that she expected a sneering “badass” rocker chick.
The talk show Icon said Rihanna had much more depth than she expected.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell Williams Draws from Manga, Video Games for ‘It Girl’ Video: Watch
- Rock in Rio Comes to Vegas: Metallica, Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, No Doubt to Headline
- Lady Gaga After Tel Aviv Show: ‘The World View of Israel is Just Not Reality’
- Sam Smith Offers a Day in His Life with ‘Restart’ Video: Watch
- Beyoncé Handles Central Park Wardrobe Malfunction with Unparalleled Grace
- Hear Aretha Franklin’s Powerful Cover of Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’