American Idol alum Jordin Sparks‘ first movie, Sparkle, also starring the late Whitney Houston, hits theaters August 17. While out promoting the film, Jordin stopped to talk with B96/Chicago about her experience working on the set and what it was like watching the final product.
According to Jordin, Sparkle is a movie that sends you on an emotional roller coaster and has a very dark side.
“There is a little bit of everything in this film. You laugh, you cry, you’re uncomfortable, you’re angry, you’re proud; you go through so many things,” she said. “I’ve seen it three times, and I’ve balled every time.”
When it was time to watch the finished product, Jordin knew it would be hard since the world lost Whitney Houston right after she finished shooting the movie.
“I was this ball of nerves and anxiety because of watching Whitney. I was like ‘I don’t know if I’m going to be able to do this,'” she said. “I remember sitting in there and I just lost it. There were three other people in the screening room with me. It was pretty empty and I knew who they were so I just let the tears fall.”
Despite her discomfort, Jordin said she’s happy to be a part of the film.
“The dry heaving, the sobs, I just let it fall, but at the same time, I had this sense of pride because I was looking at her going, ‘I was a part of this. I got to be part of something that is her legacy,'” she said.
Sparkle hits theaters this Friday.
-Danielle Clasing, B96 Chicago
- Watch Jordin Sparks ‘Celebrate’ Whitney in New Video >
- Working With Whitney “In The Impossible Box” On Jordin’s Bucket List >
- Jordin Sparks On Jason Derulo: “Marriage Comes Into Conversation Multiple Times a Day” >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To See Imagine Dragons in Concert
- Anthony Daniels Almost Turned Down the Roll of C-3PO
- Nicole Scherzinger Addresses Black Eyed Peas Rumors
- Bleachers Release New Single ‘I Miss Those Days’
- Moment of Silence for Bombing Victims Erupts in Oasis Song
- Niall Horan Calls Eagles’ Don Henley ‘Dad’