This morning, our friend Jess from London gave us a little quiz to find out how much we have learned from the Olympics over the past two weeks. She brought all of her purely British phrases and had us guess what they mean in American English.
Think it’s easy?
Try this: “Budge up or get stuffed! We’re having a knees up and want bugger all of your sort here!”
From the Very Best of British slang on the website EffingPot.com, here are your answers….
- If you ask someone to “budge up,” you are asking them to move over and make some space.
- If you’re “having a knees up,” you’re going to a dance or party.
- If you tell someone to “get stuffed,” you’re rudely telling them to get lost.
- And if you have “bugger all,” you have nothing.
Jess gave us a quiz of our own. See how well you do…
–Kim Berk, Fresh 102.7
Get More Olympic Awesomeness On CBSLocal:
- Bey And Oprah Celebrate Gabby Douglas
- Photos: Gorgeous London Olympians
- Photos: Handsome London Olympians
- Photos: 35 London Olympians From New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- The Will & Grace Reunion Was Everything We Hoped for and More
- Is Ariana Grande Considering a Move to Country Music?
- Katy Perry Gets Naked to Get Out the Vote
- Selena Gomez Becomes First with 100 Million Instagram Followers
- Alicia Keys’ Black Ball Benefit to Feature Chance the Rapper, Salt-n-Pepa, More