Earlier this year, the Red Hot Chili Peppers announced that 18 songs from the recording sessions for the I’m With You album would see release through a series of 7-inch vinyl singles also be available as digital downloads. The first single from the series, featuring the songs “Strange Man” and “Long Progression,” is being released tomorrow (August 10) on the band’s website and via iTunes.
“We just wanted them to come out because we just really like them,” the band’s drummer Chad Smith told Billboard.com back in July. “We didn’t want them to get lost, so we’re gonna put them out, mainly for our fans. I’m glad they’re going to see the light of day,” Smith added, “ because it’s an important part of the band and what we were doing at the time.”
Each of the singles will feature cover art by Kelsey Brooks, with the nine individual pieces creating one large image when assembled. The next pair of songs to be released from the series is “Magpies” and “Victorian Machinery,” due on September 11. Songs “Never is a Long Time” and “Love of Your Life” will be available on Oct. 2.
The Chili Peppers are set to embark on a series of international dates in countries like Bulgaria, Lebanon and Israel before returning for another round of American shows, including a stop at this year’s Austin City Limits Music Festival.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé Supports Women’s March on Washington
- Questlove will Pay Chrisette Michele Not to Perform at Trump Inauguration
- Will Lady Gaga Perform on Stadium Roof During Super Bowl Halftime?
- 5 Singers Who Could Replace Fergie in Black Eyed Peas
- Jeffrey’s Mom Skips Touristy NYC Spots for Something Much More Exciting…
- Weird Celebrity Foods With Karen and Jeffrey