Whitney Houston Remembered By Rihanna, Mariah on Birthday
Whitney Houston would have turned 49 today (August 9) so in honor of her birthday, friends and fans are tweeting their love for the late diva.
Bobbi Kristina made a permanent decision to honor her mom, getting Whitney’s initials tattooed on her wrist.
“Now you’re truly ALWAYS with us, mommy,” Bobbie tweeted along with a photo she posted of the tat, which features a large W.H. written in script surrounded by two tiny crosses and four sparrows. In Whitney’s upcoming movie, Sparkle, she sings the gospel hymn, “His Eye is on the Sparrow.”
Jordin Sparks and other cast members from the singer’s last movie, due out August 17, started celebrating Whitney’s birthday a day early, requesting the world get the hashtag #HappyBirthdayWhitney trending. But it was Jordin’s heartfelt birthday message that showed how much she cared for Whitney.
Jordin Sparks (@JordinSparks) August 09, 2012
Other celebrities took to Twitter to show their love for a star that was lost too soon.
Rihanna (@ImRiriFenty) August 09, 2012
Happy Birthday to the GREATEST VOICE OF ALL TIME!! Whitney Houston, you are the dream!!! You are the inspiration!! You are MY ANGEL!—
Brandy Norwood (@4everBrandy) August 09, 2012
Happy birthday Whitney. Let's remember this beautiful icon on the day of her birth. #RIPWhitneyHouston—
Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) August 09, 2012
What is your favorite Whitney memory? Share it below or tweet at us!
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set