Radiohead Takes Us On A Tour Of Bonnaroo In Video For “Daily Mail”
For those of us lucky enough to attend the 2012 Bonnaroo Festival, British art-rock heroes Radiohead have released a new clip that lovingly captures the experience of being their through time-lapse photography (If you weren’t there, the clip makes a strong case for making the trek in 2013).
The video, directed by Matt Ornstein and entitled “Through the Woods”, is for the song “Daily Mail,” which was originally released as part of the band’s King Of Limbs: Live From The Basement video collection. Starting literally in the woods, the camera travels through the parking lot, camping area and Bonnaroo’s festival grounds, encountering fans and even taking a ride on the Ferris wheel over the course of the day. It all leads up to Radiohead’s headlining performance of the haunting “Daily Mail” at this year’s edition of the Tennessee fest.
Most recently, Radiohead publically supported a new charity in honor of Scott Johnson, the band’s former drum tech who was killed in the tragic stage collapse incident in Toronto earlier this year.
“Over the past couple of months, a number of people have asked if there is anything they can do in memory of Scott,” Radiohead drummer Philip Selway said on the band’s Facebook page today. “Scott’s parents have now created the Scott Johnson Bursary Fund for Young Musicians. This will fund musical equipment for young people in Rotherham in the UK, where Scott grew up. If you would like to find out more, or would like to make a donation, then please follow this link.”
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Madonna, Diplo Rework ‘La Isla Bonita’ to Mention Major Lazer in Dub Plate Remix: Watch
- Katy Perry Does the Ultimate #tbt in Lyric Video for ‘This Is How We Do’: Watch
- Questlove Defends Iggy Azalea, Calls ‘Fancy’ the Song of the Summer
- Beyoncé Strips Down ‘Crazy In Love’ For Steamy ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer
- Jack White to Headline Farm Aid 2014 Alongside Neil Young, Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp & Dave Matthews
- Courtney Love On Kurt Cobain Biopic: ‘I Am Leading The Charge’