P!nk Talks Mommy Blues, Announces First Live Appearance
The VMAs, which go live September 6, will mark the singer’s first live TV appearance since having her baby girl, Willow last year. It also marks her third appearance on the big show.
Back in 2009 Pink stunned the crowd with her acrobatic take on “Sober” from her 2008 album, Funhouse, which had her soaring above the crowd on a flying trapeze. Alicia Keys and One Direction have also announced they’ll be performing this year.
“Being a part of the VMAs for me is extra special because my mom never let me used to watch MTV as a little girl,” Pink told MTV News. “I would watch it anyway but she would also try and ground me but then I would just sneak out my window and go to someone’s house that had MTV so to be on MTV is quite ironic.”
The first time mom (and newest CoverGirl) admitted she finds herself getting worked up when she thinks she’s done something wrong.
“I’m a perfectionist, I cry daily!” she said. “I’m glad though that the two things that have gone wrong were Dad’s fault.”
Pink says her husband, motocross athlete, Carey Hart, was also happy that the mistakes were on him. Though, in the end, it seemed to make little difference to her.
“The first time anything bad happened to her he was like, ‘Oh, I’m so glad it was me!” Pink said. “I’m like, “Me too! I’m going to cry anyway though.’”
SEE ALSO: P!nk Performs In Studio @ Fresh
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Enter To Win: Ariana Grande at MSG
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings