Rihanna Nixed by Nivea
Rihanna certainly has no shortage of crazy nights out and provocative photos — largely documented in her own explicit Tweets. Apparently her bad girl ways are costing her a deal with skincare brand Nivea.
The company’s newly-hired CEO, Stefan Heidenreich, intends to revamp their image, which he says should reflect wholesome values.
“Rihanna is a no go,” he told German newspaper Welt. “I do not understand how to bring the core brand of Nivea in conjunction with Rihanna. Nivea is a company which stands for trust, family and reliability.”
The songstress offered no official rebut to Heidenreich’s less-than-flattering comment, but did give him a shout out on Twitter.
No caption necessary twitter.com/rihanna/status…
— Rihanna (@rihanna) August 7, 2012
Just last year, Nivea was praising Rihanna as they brought her on as a spokesperson. Nivea board member Markus Pinger said in 2011 that the company was “excited” to introduce “a new generation of fans” to their products through Rihanna’s endorsement deal.
Her track “California King Bed” was featured in Nivea’s television ad campaign and the skincare company sponsored her Loud tour.
Despite Heidenreich’s candid criticism, Nivea claims that they did not “fire” the singer but rather her contract ended.
“From the beginning this music-cooperation was scheduled for one year and ended as planned at the end of 2011,” says an official statement from the company. “Within the future brand positioning NIVEA focuses more than ever on its core values. This leads to a change in advertising strategy as well as marketing campaigns.”
Rihanna was the first international celebrity to serve as a spokesperson for Nivea who traditionally use models, including Gisele Bundchen.
-Nee-Sa Lossing, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo