Phillip Phillips Picks “Idol”s Perfect Steven Tyler Replacement
American Idol judge Steven Tyler was a big fan of season 11 champion Phillip Phillips, predicting both his win and a career as an actor for the vulnerable Georgia native. He even went so far as citing the singer’s potential as the next James Dean.
“There’s nobody like Steven on this earth, I’ve kind of realized that,” Phillips said. “There’s not another human being.”
But trying to choose the perfect replacement for Tyler wasn’t an easy task for Phillips. He settled on an artist that he had successfully covered on Idol with his rocking rendition of “Superstition.”
“Stevie Wonder, that would be a good one,” Phillips confided. “He wouldn’t be able to see you and it wouldn’t be about looks or anything. It would just be about the notes you sing, so that’d be a good one.”
Sounds kind of like another singing competition, doesn’t it?
-Brad Haynes, MIX 105.1/Orlando
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono, Liam Neeson Have Been Screenwriting a Film Together
- Chrissie Hynde on Too Much Sex Appeal in Pop: ‘Maybe They Should Just Be Making Porn Films’
- Metallica to Release Box Set of Recordings of Every 2014 Show
- Sharon Osbourne Says U2 Gave Away ‘Mediocre Music’ for Free Because ‘No One Wants to Buy It’
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Might Be Working on a Joint Album
- Interview: Mike Rutherford Looks Back on Genesis, Ahead to Mike + The Mechanics