Phillip Phillips Picks “Idol”s Perfect Steven Tyler Replacement
American Idol judge Steven Tyler was a big fan of season 11 champion Phillip Phillips, predicting both his win and a career as an actor for the vulnerable Georgia native. He even went so far as citing the singer’s potential as the next James Dean.
“There’s nobody like Steven on this earth, I’ve kind of realized that,” Phillips said. “There’s not another human being.”
But trying to choose the perfect replacement for Tyler wasn’t an easy task for Phillips. He settled on an artist that he had successfully covered on Idol with his rocking rendition of “Superstition.”
“Stevie Wonder, that would be a good one,” Phillips confided. “He wouldn’t be able to see you and it wouldn’t be about looks or anything. It would just be about the notes you sing, so that’d be a good one.”
Sounds kind of like another singing competition, doesn’t it?
-Brad Haynes, MIX 105.1/Orlando
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift is Your Tour Guide in ‘Welcome to New York’
- Watch Taylor Swift’s Visit with the Naked Chef, ‘Shake It Off’ Parody ‘Bake It Off’
- Singing Nun Releases Debut Single and It’s Madonna’s ‘Like a Virgin’
- Foo Fighters Will Play Chicago’s Wrigley Field Next Summer
- Lorde’s ‘Hunger Games’ Soundtrack to Feature Kanye West, Charli XCX, Tinashé
- You Are Not Alone: James Blunt Also Got Sick of Hearing ‘You’re Beautiful’