Phillip Phillips Picks “Idol”s Perfect Steven Tyler Replacement
American Idol judge Steven Tyler was a big fan of season 11 champion Phillip Phillips, predicting both his win and a career as an actor for the vulnerable Georgia native. He even went so far as citing the singer’s potential as the next James Dean.
“There’s nobody like Steven on this earth, I’ve kind of realized that,” Phillips said. “There’s not another human being.”
But trying to choose the perfect replacement for Tyler wasn’t an easy task for Phillips. He settled on an artist that he had successfully covered on Idol with his rocking rendition of “Superstition.”
“Stevie Wonder, that would be a good one,” Phillips confided. “He wouldn’t be able to see you and it wouldn’t be about looks or anything. It would just be about the notes you sing, so that’d be a good one.”
Sounds kind of like another singing competition, doesn’t it?
-Brad Haynes, MIX 105.1/Orlando
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lance Bass on One Direction: ‘I Just See Harry Leaving Soon’
- Bleachers Remix Sia’s ‘Big Girls Cry': Listen
- Here’s Ariana Grande & Lea Michele Singing Spice Girls on Helium
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Sequels Are Coming in 2017, 2018
- Billy Joel Will Play New York’s Nassau Coliseum’s Final Show
- Terry Crews Doing Vanessa Carlton’s ‘A Thousand Miles’ on Lip Sync Battle is What Dreams Are Made Of: Watch