American Idol judge Steven Tyler was a big fan of season 11 champion Phillip Phillips, predicting both his win and a career as an actor for the vulnerable Georgia native. He even went so far as citing the singer’s potential as the next James Dean.
“There’s nobody like Steven on this earth, I’ve kind of realized that,” Phillips said. “There’s not another human being.”
But trying to choose the perfect replacement for Tyler wasn’t an easy task for Phillips. He settled on an artist that he had successfully covered on Idol with his rocking rendition of “Superstition.”
“Stevie Wonder, that would be a good one,” Phillips confided. “He wouldn’t be able to see you and it wouldn’t be about looks or anything. It would just be about the notes you sing, so that’d be a good one.”
Sounds kind of like another singing competition, doesn’t it?
-Brad Haynes, MIX 105.1/Orlando
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ringo Starr Announces Fall Tour Dates
- Questlove Blasts Bill O’Reilly for ‘Revisionist’ Slavery Comment
- Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato Reunite to Perform ‘This Is Me’
- This Week On FM Magazine: Spotlight On ISPA – Wellness, Anyone?
- Are Kanye West and Calvin Harris Collaborating?
- Nas and Erykah Badu Get Real on ‘This Bitter Land’