American Idol judge Steven Tyler was a big fan of season 11 champion Phillip Phillips, predicting both his win and a career as an actor for the vulnerable Georgia native. He even went so far as citing the singer’s potential as the next James Dean.
“There’s nobody like Steven on this earth, I’ve kind of realized that,” Phillips said. “There’s not another human being.”
But trying to choose the perfect replacement for Tyler wasn’t an easy task for Phillips. He settled on an artist that he had successfully covered on Idol with his rocking rendition of “Superstition.”
“Stevie Wonder, that would be a good one,” Phillips confided. “He wouldn’t be able to see you and it wouldn’t be about looks or anything. It would just be about the notes you sing, so that’d be a good one.”
Sounds kind of like another singing competition, doesn’t it?
-Brad Haynes, MIX 105.1/Orlando
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- The 1975 Cover Sade’s ‘By Your Side’
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix’s ‘Touch’
- Jennifer Lopez Continues to Avoid Discussing Her Relationship with Drake
- Florida Georgia Line, Backstreet Boys Drop ‘God, Your Mama and Me’ Video
- Watch Alex Trebek Rap on ‘Jeopardy!’
- Adele, Pearl Jam and Dolly Parton Contribute to Brandi Carlile’s ‘Cover Stories’ Album