Karmin Shed Their Signature Hairstyles In “Hello” Music Video
Karmin have established themselves as a group to watch with their impressive covers and catchy debut single “Brokenhearted.” The duo, made up of engaged couple Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan, switch gears on their latest single “Hello.” The more aggressive Stargate-produced track features Heidemann’s rapid fire raps throughout the majority of the track as well as a new look to both Amy and fiancé Nick.
“Imma do it do it like I want to do it,” Amy sings before rapping “I don’t care what you think about me.”
Filmed in Chinatown in Los Angeles, Amy sheds her signature suicide roll on the video and instead grabs a bicycle to rap on while riding through the decorative streets. Later, the video cuts to Nick alone in the bathroom shaving off his hair.
“It’s very cool ambiance, a lot of cool visuals and it’s kind of like our coming-out party,” Nick told MTV News. “‘Brokenhearted’ was obviously very successful for us, went platinum last month or two ago, so there is kind of like, ‘Hey, we’re Karmin, nice to meet you.’ That’s the idea.”
The band hopes the track will only continue the success that “Brokenhearted” achieved for them.
“It’s kind of more of the ‘Look at Me Now’ hip-hop roots, all the videos that blew up with all the rapping,” Noonan said. “So we kind of get back to that a little bit here. It’s fun. It’s one of those songs I’ve been listening to for like 10 months and I’m still not sick of it yet, so hopefully that’s a good thing.”
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo