Beyonce And Jay-Z Top Forbes’ Highest Paid Celebrity Couple List
Beyonce and Jay-Z can now add wealthiest Hollywood pair to their already well-stocked resume. The R&B performer and hip-hop mogul top Forbes’ highest paid celebrity couple list, besting last year’s winners New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and supermodel wife Gisele Bundchen.
According to Forbes, Beyonce took in $40 million off of endorsements and the platinum success of 2011’s studio album release 4. Meanwhile Jay, who found success with the critically and commercially acclaimed Watch the Throne album and tour with frequent collaborator Kanye West, brought in $38 million.
Their combined gross of $78 million was $6 million more than Brady’s and Bundchen’s $72 million haul.
SEE ALSO: Beyonce Calls Out Jay-Z In New Ad
Other power couples that made the list include Victoria “Posh Spice” Beckham and husband Los Angeles Galaxy soccer star David Beckham (no. 3) at $54 million; Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (no. 4) at $45 million; and Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith (no. 5) at a respectable $40 million.
The Forbes list was compiled using figures taken from May 1, 2011 to May 1, 2012.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Paul McCartney Releases Alternate Video for Michael Jackson Duet ‘Say, Say, Say’
- Watch One Direction Perform on ‘The X Factor Australia’
- Will Lady Gaga Return for ‘American Horror Story’ Season Six?
- Instagram Turns 5, Who Makes The Top 10?
- David Guetta Announces ‘Sun Goes Down’ Remix Competition
- YES! There Could Be An Incredibly Delicious Way To Stop Eating Too Much