Beyonce And Jay-Z Top Forbes’ Highest Paid Celebrity Couple List
Beyonce and Jay-Z can now add wealthiest Hollywood pair to their already well-stocked resume. The R&B performer and hip-hop mogul top Forbes’ highest paid celebrity couple list, besting last year’s winners New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and supermodel wife Gisele Bundchen.
According to Forbes, Beyonce took in $40 million off of endorsements and the platinum success of 2011’s studio album release 4. Meanwhile Jay, who found success with the critically and commercially acclaimed Watch the Throne album and tour with frequent collaborator Kanye West, brought in $38 million.
Their combined gross of $78 million was $6 million more than Brady’s and Bundchen’s $72 million haul.
SEE ALSO: Beyonce Calls Out Jay-Z In New Ad
Other power couples that made the list include Victoria “Posh Spice” Beckham and husband Los Angeles Galaxy soccer star David Beckham (no. 3) at $54 million; Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (no. 4) at $45 million; and Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith (no. 5) at a respectable $40 million.
The Forbes list was compiled using figures taken from May 1, 2011 to May 1, 2012.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Bieber Scrapped a Whole Album, Is Working on New One with Kanye West, Rick Rubin
- Madonna: Calling TIDAL the llluminati Is ‘the Highest of Compliments’
- Did Louis Tomlinson Diss Zayn Malik at a Recent Show?
- Watch the First Episode of Hayley Williams’ New Beauty Web Series ‘Kiss Off’
- Dolly Parton May Do ‘Trio’ Reissue with Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt
- Ed Sheeran Reveals Late Summer U.S. Tour Dates