Smash Mouth Bring Back The Good Times With New Album Featuring ‘Justin Bieber’
Don’t call it a comeback!
While Smash Mouth’s heyday was back in the late ‘90s with hit singles like “All Star” and “Walkin’ on the Sun,” the perennial party band’s music lives on, particularly in movies like the classic teen coming-of-age film Can’t Hardly Wait.
Smash Mouth’s lead singer, Steve Harwell, has been particularly active in TV and movies over the past decade, penning tunes for a wide range of releases including What’s New Scooby-Doo?, Kim Possible and The Pacifier.
In advance of the band’s new record, Magic–their first since Summer Girl back in 2006–they’ve released snippets of each song, including one titled “Justin Bieber.”
“The song ‘Justin Bieber’ is just a flashback from the future, ten years from now,” Harwell told CBS Local. “The song talks about things that are currently relevant like Glee, Facebook, and Justin Bieber. So the song is basically (asking) in ten years from now, will these things still be relevant or not? What has staying power and what doesn’t?”
Invoking those same sunny, good feelings of the band’s early hits, the music of Magic shows that Smash Mouth knows a thing or two about staying power, not to mention how to party like it’s 1999.
Smash Mouth’s sixth album, Magic, is due out September 4.
– Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyonce Celebrates Her Birthday With A ‘Crazy In Love’ Remix
- Snoop Dogg Slams ‘Deflategate’ Decision, Wants Player’s Marijuana Suspension Vacated
- Beyonce’s B-Day and the U.N. Campaign to Combat Climate Change + Inequality
- Harry Styles Loves Grammar, Fixes Fan Sign During One Direction Show
- Miguel Teams up with Make Room Organization to Sing for Single Mom in Private Concert
- Happy Birthday, Queen Bey!