Phillip Phillips Says Olympic Success Is “Pretty Amazing”
Phillip Phillips, who was at MIX 105.1/Orlando as part of the American Idol LIVE! tour, has little time in his busy schedule to watch the London 2012 Olympics. But he’s still well aware that his first single, “Home,” has received a huge boost in sales and popularity due to its use in coverage of the games.
“I saw on Twitter and my girlfriend she told me about it,” Phillips said as he described his amazement at the renewed interest in the song, which was used prominently by the U.S. women’s gymnastics team at the Olympics.
“Whenever I saw how well it had come from like eighty something to number seven, then number five, then four, then I think it’s like one or two now, I was like, ‘Man! That’s pretty awesome!’” he said when recounting the song’s quick trek up the iTunes chart following its initial appearance on the Olympics telecast this past Sunday.
“It’s an honor for them to want to use it and I’m very thankful for that. And they’ve done an amazing job from what I’ve heard,” Phillips continued, noting that his touring schedule makes it nearly impossible for him to be able to watch the games. “I’ve only gotten to see like women’s volleyball and a little bit of swimming, that’s about it. But it’s pretty amazing, man!”
-Brad Haynes, MIX 105.1/Orlando
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo