Phillip Phillips Says Olympic Success Is “Pretty Amazing”
Phillip Phillips, who was at MIX 105.1/Orlando as part of the American Idol LIVE! tour, has little time in his busy schedule to watch the London 2012 Olympics. But he’s still well aware that his first single, “Home,” has received a huge boost in sales and popularity due to its use in coverage of the games.
“I saw on Twitter and my girlfriend she told me about it,” Phillips said as he described his amazement at the renewed interest in the song, which was used prominently by the U.S. women’s gymnastics team at the Olympics.
“Whenever I saw how well it had come from like eighty something to number seven, then number five, then four, then I think it’s like one or two now, I was like, ‘Man! That’s pretty awesome!’” he said when recounting the song’s quick trek up the iTunes chart following its initial appearance on the Olympics telecast this past Sunday.
“It’s an honor for them to want to use it and I’m very thankful for that. And they’ve done an amazing job from what I’ve heard,” Phillips continued, noting that his touring schedule makes it nearly impossible for him to be able to watch the games. “I’ve only gotten to see like women’s volleyball and a little bit of swimming, that’s about it. But it’s pretty amazing, man!”
-Brad Haynes, MIX 105.1/Orlando
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Whitney Houston’s Mom Slams Lifetime Biopic: ‘Please Let Her Rest’
- Pharrell Snagged Miley Cyrus for ‘Come Get It Bae’ Video: Watch
- See Beyoncé Channel ‘Rosie the Riveter’ on Instagram
- Weird Al’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ is His First No. 1 Album
- Adele Awarded Five-Figure Sum In Case Over Son’s ‘Milestone’ Photos
- Jack White Went to a Chicago Cubs Game and Had A Wretched Time