Paul Wall Talks Summer Grills: And We’re Not Talking About The Kind That Cooks Burgers!
My partner, Jim, thought when we mentioned a “grill” that we were talking about a charcoal or gas grill. You know, the kind that you put in your backyard and cook wonderful steaks, burgers and hotdogs on and all of your neighbors come over and take advantage of your hospitality and refrigerator full of beer.
But we were talking about the grill that Ryan Lochte sported in his mouth when he won his first gold medal. In case you missed it, it was a red, white and blue jewel-encrusted flag.
How much do you think it’s worth?
That was the question we posed to Paul Wall, the maker of Ryan’s Olympic-themed grill. It turns out it’s not Ryan’s first foray into the grill-themed world, Paul has made three others for the gold medalist.
“Every diamond is set one by one, it’s valued at $25,000.” Paul said. “Of course, we didn’t charge him that. He’s a repeat customer so we hooked him up, and he’s an Olympian so we had to show him love there.”
Paul told us what it was like to see his work displayed in front of millions of viewers on the Olympics. He said it’s an honor to not only see his grill on the Olympics, but to have it worn by a dedicated, hardworking athlete.
“The tremendous dedication that these athletes put into [the Olympics] is so respected,” he said. “We got so moved by this, we decided anyone from Team USA that wins a gold medal, we’ll give them a free gold grill.”
Here’s Ryan Lochte explaining his grills for Speedo:
–Kim Berk & Sarah Scroggins for Fresh 102.7
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stephen Hawking Has a Scientific Solution For Those Still Coping With Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction
- Things Get a Little Stalkery in Brandon Flowers’ ‘Lonely Town’ Video: Watch
- Demi Lovato Dedicates ‘Warrior’ to Bruce Jenner in Concert: Watch
- Mariah Carey Returns to ’90s Roots with Breakup Anthem ‘Infinity': Listen
- Jack White Ends Acoustic Tour with Important Message: ‘Tell People That Music is Sacred’