The rumors are true... I am being considered to be a judge on American Idol, and it would be a dream come true if it happens. #nickonidol—
Nick Jonas (@nickjonas) August 04, 2012
The announcement even got the hashtag #NickOnIdol trending on Twitter with fans showing their support for the singer. The youngest Jo Bro is used to the spotlight–he made his Broadway debut at the age of 7 and then rose to fame alongside his brothers, who are currently working on their fifth studio album–so he could definitely give the contestants some real advice.
While Nick might be the perfect fit for the aging reality show some would like to see another artist take a seat next Mariah Carey and Randy Jackson.
In a CBS Local poll last week, Adam Lambert trampled the competition, with 74% of the votes after over a thousand people chose him for the mentoring position. Pharrell Williams from N.E.R.D. and country star Brad Paisley tied with 5% of the vote, while Nick came in slightly behind them with one percent less.
But it seems AI fans would like to see another runner-up come back to the show. Clay Aiken, who most recently came in second on The Apprentice, was the most popular with voting fans.
Though Charlie Sheen might want the job it seems he’s no longer winning. The Anger Management star came in last with a mere thirty votes. Sorry Charlie.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What’s The Meanest Thing Your Kid Has Ever Said To You?
- Ed Sheeran Goes Big: Reveals 2018 Stadium Tour, MTV ‘TRL’ Premiere
- Liam Payne’s “Bedroom Floor” Is Coming The Same Day As Niall Horan’s ‘Flicker’
- Jennifer Lopez Donates $1 Million to Puerto Rico Following Hurricane
- Pharrell, Eddie Vedder, Stevie Wonder & More Take a Knee to Support NFL Protests
- Meet Boy Band Reality Show Winners ‘In Real Life’