Sometimes things fall apart for something better to fall together, and that’s exactly what happened for Tristan Prettyman.
The day after her fiance, Jason Mraz, called off their engagement, Tristan had a writing session scheduled with a new partner. As it turned out, the leftover emotion from the night before was a huge driving force during the writing process for Tristan’s new album “Cedar+Gold.”
“It ended up being great because I was so in the moment of the break up with all the emotions just so present it ended up being a great ingredient of song writing,” she said.
Tristan is currently on tour with Josh Radin, but this isn’t her first rodeo. She’s toured with big-name acts like Melissa Etheridge and G. Love.
- Photos: Tristan Prettyman @ Fresh 102.7 >
- Tristan Prettyman’s “My Oh My” Represents The Cat & Mouse Game, Literally >
She said working with John Mayer, Neil Diamond, Bonnie Raitt, Zac Brown Band, and The Avett Brothers would all be dream collaborations. She said she also would love for Eminem to sample one of her hooks.
“I have a song on this record called ‘Bad Drug’ and the hook in it I can just hear it in one of their songs,” she said. “I want them to hear it, I’m there. I can hang.”
–Sarah Scroggins, Fresh 102.7
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site
- John Mayer On Those ‘Smoldering’ “Who You Love” Photos & Duet with Katy Perry
- Peter Gabriel Remembers Nelson Mandela: ‘It Leaves an Enormous Hole’
- Kim’s College: Lada Gaga, Christian Bale and Miley Cyrus
- Using Selena Gomez As Bait, Al Roker’s Not Happy & Lady Gaga’s Big Pockets: It’s the Hollywood Hotsheet!